So recently I had some trouble using or modifying a project I checked out from my Git-repository.
It took me a while before I had figured out what the problem was (longer that it should have), that’s why I’m sharing it here.
At first I tried giving myself the right permissions on the repo folder, without much progress, some things worked while other kept giving my errors.
The solution that finally fixed the problem for me, was making myself owner of the folder so no chmod but chown was needed to get this fixed.
sudo chown -R user /path/to/local/repo
- the chown command changes file owners
- -R stands for recursively (includes al subfolders and files)
- with “user” being the person you are logged into your system
Hopefully this helped you out aswell, or at least pointed you in the right direction.